My favorite go-to #paleo salad recipe:
- Organic lettuce – I like romaine and bibb lettuce the best.
- Organic sliced carrots
- Organic sliced strawberries
- Uncured cooked bacon – I will cook up several slices at a time, let them completely cool, then chop it up and place in a BPA free plastic sealed container to use throughout the week.
- Organic sliced baked chicken – Coat in 100% pure olive oil (my favorite is California brand), Real salt, and fresh ground pepper. For 1lb. bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Check that the temperature inside the chicken is above 165 degrees with a meat thermometer.
- Olive Oil & Vinegar – I like to shake up some olive oil with red wine vinegar before drizzling on the salad.
The carrots and the strawberries add a little sweetness. The bacon adds a little saltiness. And the olive oil is your good source of fat that doesn’t overpower any of the other flavors when mixed together.
What are your favorite #paleo salad ingredients?